Saturday, May 19, 2012

Shoe Doodling

Toms
Ball-point fabric pen

Haven't posted in a while because this project ended up taking a lot longer than I thought it would.  I have had these white Toms shoes for a while now, but they got a few stains on them and I didn't want to wear them.  Then I saw that many people customize them so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I found a ball-point fabric pen at the store that has permanent, waterproof ink.  Unfortunately I ended up needing to go back to the store to buy 3 more because this project really drained the ink out of them fast!! I wanted them to have a nautical theme, but still have a strong design aspect and this is what I came up with.  Took me almost an entire day to finish them, but it's totally worth it when I get to wear my art around everyday :)  Still can't decide if I want to add some color to them or not.  I was thinking about maybe just using one accent color, but I may just leave them like this since black/white matches almost everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment