Friday, May 11, 2012

Paint Horses

Paint Horse Sketches
Each is 4.5" x 6"
Watercolor
I am really enjoying these tiny studies in watercolor.  It is such a great way to really practice techniques and explore without worrying so much about the drawing itself.  There was actually a fifth one in this set but I painted a better one on the opposite side.  I think instead of stressing myself out to try and paint something new everyday that I can just do a little set like this every week.  I did these on some 90lb watercolor paper that I bought on super clearance (only $2 for 26 sheets).  I had never used them before because I could see the lack of quality just by glancing at it, but I was extremely pleased when I actually started painting on it for these little practice paintings.  This is probably the only 90lb paper I have ever gotten along with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment