Monday, May 14, 2012

Black Friesian

Keegan
8.5" x 7"
black and white charcoal on brown paper
Here is something a little different from me.  This is actually more like the drawings I normally produce.  I prefer drawing to painting because I have so much more control.  It was difficult to leave this alone and not keep messing with it.  The beauty of charcoal is when it is very loose and sketchy.  This attractive Friesian horse was just screaming to be drawn.  It was very enjoyable to draw this because I didn't have to worry over my color choices the whole time or stress over a possible watercolor-mess-up.  I would consider this more of a sketch than a finished drawing, but I think I like it that way.  I want to experiment more with this style and colored paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment