Thursday, January 1, 2015

Jan 2015 30 in 30 - Day 1

Droopy
9" x 10"
Watercolor
I checked out Pat Weaver's book Watercolor Simplified from the library and decided to try out some of the demos that she included in the back of the book.  The way she works with watercolor seems way too fast-paced for me.  I am in a constant panicked rush to make sure I add in the right colors before it dries.  I don't really feel like I am working much differently with watercolors than I was before except that I am working on bigger pieces of paper and using artist quality paints.  I'll be honest and admit that I haven't noticed much of a difference.  I guess maybe I convinced myself that if I followed the direction of one of my favorite watercolor artists that I would suddenly be really good at it.  I am happy with this painting though, so I will try to stick it out and see where watercolors take me.

1 comment:

  1. Love this painting! so cute (I have a beagle/basset mix)... you nailed the eyes. Good clean use of colour - great work Megan!

    ReplyDelete