Saturday, December 27, 2014

Class with Bert Seabourn

Motion in Blue
Acrylic on Canvas
16" x 20"
 I enrolled in an acrylic class with Bert Seabourn for three weeks in December.  I've always had a bad relationship with acrylic paints, but I can honestly say that taking this class made me appreciate acrylics in a whole new way.  It was so much fun!  The blue horse was the painting we did the third week of class.  The reference picture we had to work with was a print in black and white from one of Bert's sketchbooks.  It was so fun to look around the room and see all the different colors that the other students chose for their horse and background.  I had originally intended to paint the horse more of a violet color, but I ended up liking the blue too much.
Cardinal
Acrylic on Canvas Panel
9" x 12"
 This cardinal was our painting for the second week of class.
Red Hair
Acrylic on Canvas
11" x 14"
First week of class we painted this girl from Bert's sketchbook.  It was a difficult subject to paint and I didn't enjoy the process or the finished painting as much as the others.  I need more practice drawing humans first.



Here are some WIP shots of my paintings that I did during class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment