Sunday, September 1, 2013

30 in 30 - Watercolor Dogs: Day 1

Day 1: Basset Hound
I decided to join the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge to force myself to start painting again.  Of course I had to make it very difficult for myself and pick a medium that I don't get along with (ie watercolor).  About halfway through I thought, wow... I should just toss this and try again with pens or color pencils because I'd do a much better job.  But I want to learn watercolor and practice is the only way I know how to do so.  I also used pen and ink.  I haven't decided yet if I will continue using the ink on future watercolor paintings, but I figured I needed it for now ;)

3 comments:

  1. Me, too! I'm signed up for the 30 in 30.

    I just had to stop by and tell you how Adorable this little guy is! Absolutely adorable.

    I'm an 'art newbie'. Hope you'll stop by my blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about expression, and you sure have it with this sweet pup. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete