Monday, July 9, 2012

Large-scale Paintings

 This is what I have been busy working on.  My husband asked me the other day why I haven't been painting  at home lately.  This is why.  This more than filled up my desire to paint for quite a while.  This first painting is 8 feet x 8 feet.  It is painted on two giant ply-boards.  I worked on these three paintings for about 14 hours (spread over two days).  Both days were 105 degrees F, so I was somewhat miserable painting outside, but at least I had some shade.  While this was a fun (albeit large) project, I don't think I would want to do stuff like this on a regular basis.  I have always enjoyed painting/drawing very small and detailed.  The top painting is the largest full painting I have ever completed.


Hopefully soon I will be back to my normal, love-to-paint self haha.  I will probably feel like drawing very small things for a while.

1 comment: